This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for the website www.make-sensei.com and tutoring services both provided by Tomonokai Co.,Ltd. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by these websites.
2. Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email, by filling in information on this site, or through another direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us, and we will in the case of you placing an order at our e-commerce site, use it to give you the best possible course experience. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
3. Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
– Change/correct any data we have about you.
– Have us delete any data we have about you.
– See what data we have about you, if any, and express any concern you have about our use of your data.
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto ‘terminal equipment’ (eg a computer or smartphone) when the user accesses a website. It allows the website to recognise that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions.
There are two main types of cookies: session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies disappear from your computer when you close your browser while permanent cookies are stored on your computer until they are manually deleted or until their expiration date.
As you visit our site, we automatically collect the information provided to us by your browser. We primarily use “cookies” on make-sensei.com (and subdomains) but also other tracking tools to collect data that will help us improve our services for you. We use some third party services to analyse usage of our service and to communicate with our users. The purpose of collecting and tracking data is to operate and improve our product and the service you receive. We use data for, but not limited to, analytics, user management, contacting users, keeping track of our hosting and technical infrastructure.
5. How do we process your personal data?
Here you will find out for example what personal data we process about you, why we do it, where it came from, who is involved, and how it is lawful for us to do it.
Website visitors are the people that merely browse our websites.
Representatives of potential customers are either website visitors who submit personal data through any of the forms on our websites or people who might be interested in our services whose information we got from other sources.
Customer representatives are the representatives of our business customers.
Job applicants are individuals seeking employment with us.
Employees are all our excellent team members working for us.
How long do we keep your data?
We save your personal data only as long as we need the data to fulfill the purpose it is used for. In addition to that, we could be required to keep your data for longer to fulfill legal obligations, but in such a case we won’t use the data for anything else.
What is our policy of sharing data with third parties?
We will not share personal data with third parties for them to use for their own marketing purposes.
When you opt in to receiving information, updates or subscriptions by email from Tomonokai Co.,Ltd., MailChimp is the service we use to manage your consents. When you provide your details on a sign-up form, MailChimp records your information and Tomonokai Co.,Ltd. has access to it. If we obtain your request for updates by a different means, such as by phone or in writing, then we will upload the information to MailChimp in order to contact you.
Do we profile you?
We conduct broad data analysis to gain a better understanding of how interests, demographic factors, geography and engagement trends relate to the relevance or attractiveness of Tomonokai Co.,Ltd.’s products and services. This process looks at aggregated data, and is applied to groups of people with similar characteristics.
We may use the personal data you have provided to make sure we only contact you when relevant and about things that ought to be of interest. For example, we would ‘profile’ students who have attended one of our Mid-IB courses to the extent that we know what stage of the IBDP programme they are at, and therefore would know that pre-exam Revision courses would be relevant to them the following year.
6. How do you update or delete your information?
If you would like to change your preferences or update the details we hold about you, please contact us.
We also set limits to the length of time we will keep your data. The duration varies for different types of individual and for different types of information provided by the same person.
We take into consideration what purpose Tomonokai Co.,Ltd. needs your information for, our legal obligations, and tax and accounting rules, when determining how long we should retain data. When we no longer need to retain it we have a process to securely delete or dispose of it.
If you feel it is no longer necessary for us to keep your personal information, you can ask us to delete some or all of it, which we will do provided there is no overriding reason for us to keep it.
If you choose to opt out of receiving communications from us, we may still need to retain and process relevant data about you for other legitimate purposes, including contacting you for those purposes. For example, you may unsubscribe from update emails, but we may need to email you about an order you have placed with us.
7. Signing up for courses
To book a course with Make Sensei a user must first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be requested to complete a questionnaire which requires you to give us certain information such as the student’s name, age, and current school to understand the needs and expectations of the student. In order to sign up for a course, you must complete the entire booking process where we request financial information (like credit card number, expiration date) from you. This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
8. Your Rights
Under current data protection laws, you have a number of rights in relation to the processing of your personal data.
Generally, we believe you have the right to have your data processed only in accordance with your expectations. But you also have rights laid down by applicable law,.
You have the right:
– to be informed about certain details on the processing of your data. We provide this information in sections above.
– to receive a copy of the personal data we process about you. You can receive this data by reaching out to us.
– to correct the personal data we process about you if you see that it is inaccurate.
You have the right to erasure if:
– the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected for
– your particular situation gives you the right to object to processing on grounds of legitimate interest (see more below)
– processing the personal data has been unlawful
You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your data if:
– the personal data we have about you is inaccurate
– the processing is unlawful and you ask us to restrict the use of the personal data instead of erasing it
– we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but if we still need it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
– you have objected to the processing claiming that the legal basis of legitimate interest is invalid and are waiting for the verification of this claim.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data if:
– you can show that your interests, rights and freedoms regarding the personal data outweigh our interest to process your personal data
– we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
You have the right to data portability:
– for personal data that you provided to us
– if the legal basis for the processing of the personal data is the fulfillment of contract or consent.
We will send a copy of your data in a commonly used and machine-readable format to you or a person/organization appointed by you.
How do you exercise your rights?
Send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to figure it out together.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Whether we store your information on paper or in digital format, we take measures to protect it.
The exact mechanisms for securing our systems are themselves kept confidential, however, we can say that:
– our offices are kept secure and sensitive paper documents are in locked storage
– we use security measures in our IT systems reflecting technological progress and developments, applying good practices to our network security, virus/malware detection and prevention systems, access controls and encryption
– we avoid where possible allowing data to be taken outside our normal protected systems, such as on USB removable storage media
– we undertake reviews of the type of information we process and who has access to it
– we give training updates to our staff on security procedures and how to avoid accidental disclosure through scams, phishing or social engineering techniques.
Our website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
11. Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
12. Changes to this policy
13. Contact us
The legal entity behind the websites and our application is Tomonokai Co.,Ltd, which is also the data controller responsible for how your data is processed. Our address is registered at Totate Nagai Bldg. 5F, 2-12-24 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0002 Japan. The website www.make-sensei.com is operated by Tomonokai Co.,Ltd.
If you want to know more about our data processing activities, what we do to keep your data safe or to exercise one of your above-described rights, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org .